Here’s how to tell if your family and home would be better served with a new and higher efficiency central air conditioning system:
- If your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, it is likely working ineffectively and inefficiently, and should be replaced with a more energy-efficient model. Older air conditioners typically mean higher energy bills.
- If your air conditioner needs frequent repairs it may not be properly suited for your home. You need a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) specialist to assess your current system.
- If your cooling bills continue to rise, that’s another sign of inefficient operation. The lower energy costs that would come from a new system would help to defray some its cost.
- If some of the rooms in your home are either too hot or too cold, it could be your air conditioning equipment malfunctioning or functioning inefficiently, or it could be a result of problems with your ducts or inadequate insulation. It’s at least worth having an air conditioning professional come in and assess the problem
- If you have problems with humidity, your air conditioning equipment may be defective or otherwise performing inadequately or you may have leaky ductwork.
- If your air conditioning system is noisy or noisier than usual, there may be a problem with its indoor coil, or your duct system may be too small.
As you can see, not every warning sign necessarily means it’s time to purchase a new system. But each of them IS worth a call to Conway Services to check your system out to see if there’s an issue that needs immediate attention.
If “new” is the answer, we’ll design the right system for your home and budget…one that can cut up to 30% of your home air conditioning operating costs.
For more information on how to improve the performance of your current central air conditioner system or a free quote on a new or replacement system, contact Conway Services today. We’re the local experts you can count on…24/7.